​ 中英版Hello, China! 《你好,中国》90 Panda(熊猫)

I’m a panda,xiong mao,the national treasure of China. I like to be alone just like a drifter.

我是中国的国宝熊猫,我天性喜欢独来独往,像一位独行侠。

Mm,bamboo is my favorite food! Our family has lived on the earth for more than 8 million years.

竹子是我最爱吃的东西,我的祖祖辈辈在地球上已经生活了800 多万年。

At first,we lived on meat.

很久以前,我们原本吃肉。

Later,we ran out of food with a tremendous change of the temperature on earth. We survived on bamboo.

后来地球温度发生巨变,食物资源短缺,我们靠吃竹子才活了下来。

Now xiong mao are one of the most endangered species.

成了世界上最珍惜的物种之一。

We are regarded as beasts for peace,because we feed on bamboo instead of other animals.

因为只吃竹子,不猎食其他动物,我们被称为“和平之兽”。

A truce was agreed whenever the flags printed with images of xiong mao were raised 1,700 years ago.

在 1700 多年前两军交战中,只要战场上挂起有我们图像的旗,战斗就立刻停止。

These flags represent peace and friendship and both sides of the war would stop fighting.

凡使用熊猫旗,就表示要求和平友好,双方要放下兵戈,停止冲突。

Now we’re known far and wide,and we’re often sent abroad as gifts.

现在,我们的名气更大了,经常作为国家礼物被馈赠到外国。

We have even been chosen as the mascot of the World Wildlife Foundation.

被选为担任世界自然基金会的标志物。

There are only around 1,000 xiong mao remaining in our family all over the world.

现在我们熊猫家族在全世界只剩下1000 来只。

We hope that people will offer more protection for animals

我们期待着人们对动物有更多的爱护。

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用 * 标注